Terms of Grooming
1. The dog is fit and healthy. Grooming of a sick or elderly dog is entirely at the owner's risk. Grooming may expose underlying skin or health problems for which we cannot be held liable.
2. I agree that the groomer will not be held liable or responsible for any mishap caused by my non-disclosure of my dog's health or behaviour.
3. It must be clearly understood and agreed that whilst every care and attention is given to your dog(s) they are accepted at the owner's risk. Our first concern is for the welfare of your dog so in the event of illness or injury a Vet may be called in and unless it can be clearly shown that we are liable, all costs in connection with and the carrying out of his instructions shall be at the owner's expense.
4. Payment will be made on collection of the dog. We accept cash or cheque. Prices are based on the dog's breed and type, but owners must remember that some dogs will require extensive extra work due to the condition of their coat and/or behavioural problems. This will be charged for every fifteen minutes extra. Dogs must be collected at the time stated or a sitting fee will be charged.
5. Shaving of dogs will dramatically change their appearance and their hair will be very short and close to the skin. This may expose pre-existing skin complaints. If the dog has to be shaved we cannot be held liable for clippers accidently cutting a dog.
6. You are by law to advise us if your dog has ever shown signs of aggression or has been aggressive. We reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog that is aggressive whilst in our care. You will be required to collect your dog at once even if the groom is unfinished. Full payment will be required.
7. Please give at least 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment. Failure to do so may result in a charge of 50% of your grooming fee.
8. Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late you may be turned away if it means that I don't have time to groom your dog properly, and a charge will apply. (I work to a tight schedule, so being late has a knock on effect on the rest of my customers).
9. Please collect your dog at the agreed time for the same reason as above. If you are longer than 15 minutes then arranged you may be charged a dog sitting fee. (I groom a lot of nervous dogs with behavioural issues, so I cannot look after dogs past their allocated time). Also please do not arrive early to collect your dog as it will excite him and make it difficult and dangerous for me to finish the groom safely.
10. Please treat your dogs regularly for ticks and fleas. If I find any on your dogs there will be an additional charge of £7 as I will have to decontaminate the salon.